My Sponsor Died While Serving on Active Duty for 30 Days or Less
You're eligible for TRICARE. You'll have the same benfits as a retired family member unless you are a surviving:
- Spouse who remarries.
- Child who ages out or loses eligibility for other reasons.
Health Care Plans
You can use these plans:
You're eligible for the TRICARE Dental Program (TDP) Survivor Benefit Plan. If you enroll, the government will pay 100 percent of your monthly premium.
- If you already have the TDP, you'll get moved to the TDP Survivor Benefit Plan.
- If you don't already have the TDP, you can enroll.
- Surviving spouses can enroll during the three years following the sponsor's death.
- Children can enroll until they lose eligibilty for TRICARE (i.e. age, marriage, etc.)