1. TRICARE.mil is provided as a public service by the Military Health System.
2. Information presented on this service, not identified as protected by copyright, is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline, photo, and image credits is requested.
3. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This U.S. Government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
Below is an example of the information collected based on a standard request for a World Wide Web document:
- xxx.yyy.com - [28/Jan/1997:00:00:01 -0500] "GET /sitename/news/nr012797.html HTTP/1.0" 200 16704 Mozilla 3.0/www.altavista.digital.com
- xxx.yyy.com (or 188.8.131.52) - this is the host name (or IP address) associated with the requester (you as the visitor). In this case, (....com) the requester is coming from a commercial address.
- Depending on the requestor's method of network connection, the host name (or IP address) may or may not identify a specific computer. Connections via many Internet Service Providers assign different IP addresses for each session, so the host name identifies only the ISP. The host name (or IP address) will identify a specific computer if that computer has a fixed IP address.
- [28/Jan/1997:00:00:01 -0500] - this is the date and time of the request.
- "GET /sitename/news/nr012797.html HTTP/1.0" -- this is the location of the requested file.
- 200 -- this is the status code - 200 is OK - the request was filled.
- 16704 -- this is the size of the requested file in bytes.
- Mozilla 3.0 -- this identifies the type of browser software used to access the page, which indicates what design parameters to use in constructing the pages.
- www.altavista.digital.com -- this indicates the last site the person visited, which indicates how people find this site. Requests for other types of documents use similar information. No other user-identifying information is collected.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and national security purposes, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits beyond DoD websites. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration approved records schedule.
6. Web measurement and customization technologies (WMCT) may be used on this site to remember your online interactions, to conduct measurement and analysis of usage, or to customize your experience. The Department of Defense does not use the information associated with WMCT to track individual user activity on the Internet outside of Defense Department websites, nor does it share the data obtained through such technologies, without your explicit consent, with other departments or agencies, unless directed to do so in statute, regulation, or Executive order. The Department of Defense does not keep a database of information obtained from the use of WMCT. General instructions for how you may opt out of some of the most commonly used WMCT is available at https://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.
7. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act (Section 1030 of Title 18, United States Code). information obtained from the use of WMCT. General instructions for how you may opt out of some of the most commonly used WMCT is available at https://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.
8. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them via Site Feedback.
Last Updated 9/6/2023