Skip to main content


Learn about what TRICARE plan is right
for you and your family.

Dependent Parents and Parents-in-Law

Do you have a dependent parent or parent-in-law? If you're on active duty for more than 30 days, your dependent parents and parents-in-law can:

  • Get care in a military hospitals and clinics 
  • Enroll in TRICARE Plus 

Check with DEERS to see what documentation is needed to register your parent or parent-in-law as a dependent.

Getting care in military hospitals and clinics and TRICARE Plus enrollment alone don't meet the requirements for minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act.

Dependent parents and parents-in-laws who don't have other coverage (i.e. employer-sponsored health insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.) may want to visit the Health Insurance Marketplace find health coverage that fits their budget and meets their needs. 


Dependent parents and parents-in-law can fill prescriptions at:

Last Updated 9/27/2018

contact Your Contacts

DMDC/DEERS Support Office (DSO)

Toll-free: 1-800-538-9552
TTY/TTD: 1-866-363-2883
Fax: 1-800-336-4416 (Primary) or 1-502-335-9980 (Alternate)

Update DEERS Online

View More Contacts