Loss of Eligibility
You’ll be notified if and when you lose eligibility for TRICARE. Each person in your family enrolled in TRICARE will receive a notice. If you lose TRICARE coverage, it also means you’ll no longer have minimum essential coverageBasic health care coverage that meets the Affordable Care Act requirement.. In order to make sure you still have health care coverage, you’ll have some choices to make about your health care. Here are a few of your options:
Transitional Assistance Management Program (TAMP)
- You might qualify for the TAMP.
- TAMP offers 180 days or transitional health coverage.
Continued Health Care Benefit Program
- After TRICARE or TAMP ends, you can purchase the Continued Health Care Benefit Program (CHCBP)
- CHCBP offers an additional 18-36 month of coverage, when purchased.
You can use:
- Employer’s sponsored health insurance,
- Medicaid, or
- Any other plan offered through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Note: The loss of eligibility for TRICARE will result in the loss of your transitional survivor status.
Last Updated 10/11/2022