TRICARE Prime is available in Prime Service AreasGeographic areas in the U.S. where we offer TRICARE Prime. They ensure medical readiness of active duty by adding to the capability and capacity of military hospitals and clinics. Prime Service Areas were also built around the Base Realignment and Closure sites.. To see if you live in a Prime Service Area, you can:
If you don’t live in a Prime Service Area, you can:
Step 1: Choose a Primary Care Manager (PCM)
You may select a military or network provider as your PCM. If you don't list a PCM on your enrollment form, we will select one for you.
You may have to enroll at a military hospital or clinic if you live within the facility's enrollment area.
If you don’t have to enroll at a military hospital or clinic, you can select a network provider as your PCM.
- Find a network provider:
- Call first to see if they are accepting new patients
Step 2: Complete the Enrollment Application
- Enroll all family members on one enrollment form
- Send enrollment fees (if applicable) with your enrollment form
- If you have questions or if you have special circumstances, call your regional contractor first to discuss your options.
Go to the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website:
- Click the red "Log On" link at the top of the page
- Select the “Medical” tab to enroll
Call your regional contractor:
- East—Humana Military: 1-800-444-5445
- West—Health Net: 1-844-866-WEST (9378)
Mail your enrollment form to your regional contractor. The address is on the form.
* You can only enroll online if you live in a Prime Service Area. You need a Common Access Card (CAC), DFAS (MyPay) Account, or a DoD Self-Service Logon to log in to the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website.
Step 3: Get Started with TRICARE Prime
You'll be notified by your regional contractor when your enrollment is processed. Once enrolled, you can log in to MilConnect to download your enrollment card and get your PCM’s name and telephone number.
If you’re registered on MilConnect, you can sign up to get eCorrespondence. When you do, we’ll notify you by email when your enrollment is active and you can download your enrollment card.
Having a Baby?
Your baby is covered by Prime for the first 60 days, but you must take steps to enroll your child to continue Prime after the first 60 days. >>Learn More