TRICARE Prime Remote
TRICARE Prime Remote is available in designated remote locations in the United States:
- For active duty service members and activatedClick to closeCalled or ordered to active duty service for more than 30 days in a row. Guard/Reserve members
- Active duty family members must live with the sponsor to enroll
- Family members of activated Guard/Reserve members may enroll if they live in a designated remote location at when the sponsor is activated (and don't move from that address).
To see if you live in a designated remote location:
Step 1: Choose a Primary Care Manager
If there are network providers in your area, you will list a network provider as your primary care manager (PCM). Find a network PCM in your region:
If a network PCM is not available, you can select any TRICARE-authorized providerClick to closeAn authorized provider is any individual, institution/organization, or supplier that is licensed by a state, accredited by national organization, or meets other standards of the medical community, and is certified to provide benefits under TRICARE. There are two types of TRICARE-authorized providers: Network and Non-Network. as your PCM. Call your regional contractor first to make sure the provider is certified.
Step 2: Complete the Enrollment Application
- Enroll all family members on one enrollment form
- If you have questions if you have special circumstances, you can call your regional contractor first to discuss your options.
Go to the milConnect website:
Call your regional contractor:
Mail your enrollment form to your regional contractor. The address is on the form.
Step 3: Get Started with TRICARE Prime Remote
You'll be notified by your regional contractor when your enrollment is processed. Once enrolled, you can log in to MilConnect to download your enrollment card and get your PCM’s name and telephone number.
This plan meets or exceeds the requirements for minimum essential coverageThe Affordable Care Act requires you to maintain basic health care coverage—called minimum essential coverage. under the Affordable Care Act.
You may stay enrolled in TRICARE Prime Remote even if your sponsor is deployed to another location as long as you do not move from the place where you are enrolled.
TRICARE Prime Remote is not available to surviving spouses after three years. >>Learn More
Last Updated 6/6/2019