Relocation must be to a new country, and/or city, region, or zip +4 code to be a QLE. You have 90 days from the date of your address change to change your health plan.

Your TRICARE eligibility doesn't change when you move.  But it may change your health plan options.  Keep these things in mind when you know you're about to move:

  • Don't disenroll from any plan before you move. 
  • You're covered by your current plan on your way to your new location.
  • Make sure you tell your regional contractor and all doctors if you have other health insuranceHealth insurance you have in addition to TRICARE, such as Medicare or an employer-sponsored health insurance. TRICARE supplements don’t qualify as "other health insurance." in addition to TRICARE. By law, TRICARE pays after all other health insurance. >>Learn More
  • Update your address and other personal information in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System after you move.

What You Need to Do When You Move

For a summary of what you need to do, select your plan from the list below:

If you make changes to your plan, the effective date will be the date your address change is effective in DEERS.

Changes to TRICARE Overseas

Do You Get Care Overseas? Check the new TRICARE Overseas Program updates to see what changes and resources might impact you and your family.

Whenever you move ...

Near or far, the first thing you should do after you move is update DEERS with your new address, phone number and other personal information.

Do you have a child with special needs?

Talk to your child’s case manager and regional contractor before you move. They can help you find a new doctor and other resources so the transition is smooth with no interruptions in coverage.

Enrolled in the TRICARE Dental Program?

Call United Concordia to update your records and find a new dentist:

  • If moving within the United States, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands: 
  • If moving outside of the CONUS service areaUnited States, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands:
    • Find a Dentist
    • Call United Concordia at OCONUS: 844-653-4060
    • OCONUS Toll: 717-888-7400

Last Updated 12/19/2017