TRICARE Prime Overseas or TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas


Qualifying Life Event?



Relocation must be to a new country, and/or city, region, or zip +4 code to be a QLE. You have 90 days from the date of your address change to change your health plan.

You can transfer your TRICARE Prime coverage when you move. Follow these steps to make sure you don't have a break in coverage.

  1. Don't disenroll before you move
  2. Update your personal information in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System
  3. Transfer your coverage within 90 days of arriving at your new location

Moving to Another Location Overseas

International SOS is the regional contractor for all three overseas areas. If you move anywhere else overseas:

  • Call your regional call center to update your address and other personal information and to transfer your coverage. Select option 4 to speak to the Global TRICARE Service Center.
  • You’ll transfer to TRICARE Prime Overseas or TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas depending on where you go.

Moving to the United States

You can begin your enrollment transfer before you move. To start the process, call International SOS as soon as you know you’re moving. International SOS will ask for:

  • Sponsor's name, SSN, cell phone number and email address
  • The estimated arrival date at your new duty station
  • Where you’re moving, to determine your new contractor and appropriate Prime option
  • Names and contact information for any family members who are also moving

International SOS shares your information with your new contractor (East- Humana Military, or West- Health Net Federal Services)

  • Your new contractor will call you within five business days of your estimated arrival date to discuss your Prime enrollment options.
  • Your enrollment transfer is effective the day your new contractor calls you and you agree to the enrollment transfer.
  • It may take up to four business days to complete the transfer, but you'll be covered International SOS until the enrollment transfer is complete.

Starting the process over the phone before you move is the easiest and fastest way to transfer your TRICARE Prime enrollment. You can also transfer your enrollment online (in the U.S. only) or by mail after you move.

Changes to TRICARE Overseas

Do You Get Care Overseas? Check the new TRICARE Overseas Program updates to see what changes and resources might impact you and your family.

Last Updated 6/12/2023