TRICARE Select Overseas
Qualifying Life Event?
Relocation must be to a new country, and/or city, region, or zip +4 code to be a QLE. You have 90 days from the date of your address change to change your health plan.
Your coverage won’t change when you move, but you may have a new regional contractor and/or claims filing address.
The first step is to update your address and other personal information in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System when you get to your new location.
Moving Anywhere Else Overseas
- Call International SOS to update your address
- Find a new doctor
- If you move to another overseas area, you'll have a different claims address
Moving to the United States
- You'll use TRICARE Select
- Same rules for getting care, except now you can save money if you visit a network provider
- Get to know your new regional contractor
Do You Get Care Overseas? Check the new TRICARE Overseas Program updates to see what changes and resources might impact you and your family.
Last Updated 6/12/2023