TRICARE Dental Program
The TRICARE Dental Program is a voluntary dental plan. Sponsors can enroll through the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website.
You can enroll if you're a:
- Family member of an active duty service member
- Family member of a National Guard/Reserve member
- National Guard/Reserve Member who isn’t on active duty or covered by the Transitional Assistance Management Program (TAMP).
- You get active duty dental benefits if you're on active duty or covered by TAMP.
The plan is available worldwide in two service areas:
- CONUS Service AreaClick to closeUnited States, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- OCONUS Service AreaClick to closeAreas outside of the United States, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The TRICARE Dental Program covers:
- Exams, cleanings, fluorides, sealants, and X-rays
- Fillings, including white fillings on back teeth
- Root canals
- Gum surgery
- Oral surgery and tooth extractions
- Crowns and dentures
- Orthodontics and braces
- Additional benefits for enrollees with chronic conditions and special needs*
- Additional cleaning for pregnant women*
*Must register condition/special need in My Account on the TDP website at www.uccitdp.com prior to receipt of care. See information under Dental Contractor for details.
United Concordia is the TRICARE Dental Program contractor. You'll need a Department of Defense Self-Service Logon to create your account. After you enroll, you can create an account with United Concordia to:
- View dental coverage
- Check a claim
- View claims history
- View explanation of benefits
- Register a chronic condition, pregnancy or special need
- Select communication preferences (e.g., text, email or mail)
- Access messages in a secure Messaging Center
Need an annual dental exam for dental readiness? TRICARE Dental Program network dentists can complete the dental exam form (DD 2813) for you at no cost. >>Learn More
Last Updated 6/28/2019