TRICARE Young Adult
Relocation must be to a new country, and/or city, region, or zip +4 code to be a QLE. You have 90 days from the date of your address change to change your health plan.
You can transfer your TRICARE Young Adult coverage when you move. The first step is to update your personal information in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System.
Your options (Prime or Select) may change depending on where you move. Remember that:
- If your sponsor is on active duty, you can enroll in the Prime option anywhere in the U.S. and overseas (if you're command-sponsored)
- If your sponsor is retired, you can only use the Prime option in Prime Service AreasGeographic areas in the U.S. where we offer TRICARE Prime. They ensure medical readiness of active duty by adding to the capability and capacity of military hospitals and clinics. Prime Service Areas were also built around the Base Realignment and Closure sites. in the U.S.
- If your sponsor using TRICARE Reserve Select or TRICARE Retired Reserve, you can only use the Select option
Moving Within the Same TRICARE Region
- Call your regional contractor to update your address
- See if you need to switch options. If you do, your contractor will adjust your premium payment
- Find a new doctor
Moving to Another TRICARE Region
Call your new regional contractor to transfer your coverage and set up your premium payment:
- East-Humana Military: 1-800-444-5445
- West-Health Net Federal Services: 1-844-866-9378
- Overseas-International SOS
If you need to switch options, your premium payment will be adjusted. In either case, you’ll need to find a new doctor.
Last Updated 5/19/2022