TRICARE Select Options
If you don't live in an area where a Prime option is offered you can choose to enroll in TRICARE Select or TRICARE Select Overseas.
The type of provider you see determines which option you are using and how much you'll pay out-of-pocket.
- When you see a non-network provider, you'll pay more and you may have to file your own claims.
- When you see a network provider, you'll pay less and the provider will file claims for you.
- Learn more about TRICARE Select.
TRICARE Select Overseas
- Visit any overseas provider for care.
- Care at military hospitals or clinics is available on a space-available basis only.
- You don't need a referral for any type of care but some services may require prior authorization.
- You may have to pay the provider in full when you receive care and file a claim with TRICARE for reimbursement.
- Learn more about TRICARE Select Overseas