TRICARE Prime Options
You may enroll in one of the following TRICARE Prime Options during the TAMP period:
- TRICARE Prime in U.S. Prime Service AreasGeographic areas in the U.S. where we offer TRICARE Prime. They ensure medical readiness of active duty by adding to the capability and capacity of military hospitals and clinics. Prime Service Areas were also built around the Base Realignment and Closure sites.
- US Family Health Plan in designated geographic areas.
- TRICARE Prime Overseas in overseas Prime Service Areas, but remember, your family must be command-sponsored.
Re-Enroll in Your Prime Option
If enrolled in one of these Prime options when you were on active duty, you must re-enroll to continue coverage during the TAMP period:
- Re-enroll online or send a new enrollment form to your regional contractor or the US Family Health Plan designated provider
- Send it before you leave active duty so there is no break in coverage.
- Your enrollment date is retroactive to your separation date.
TAMP covers you and your family as active duty family members and all rules for that category apply to you. These rules include:
- Any applicable deductibles
Note: If you have other health insuranceHealth insurance you have in addition to TRICARE, such as Medicare or an employer-sponsored health insurance. TRICARE supplements don’t qualify as "other health insurance." upon separation, TRICARE pays after your other health plan.
Last Updated 9/8/2023