TRICARE Plus is a primary care program offered at some military hospitals and clinics.
- Each hospital or clinic leader decides if TRICARE Plus is available.
- You must enroll to participate.
- Your enrollment is only for the hospital or clinic where you enrolled.
- Contact your local military hospital or clinic to see if they offer the program.
Who can enroll?
You can enroll in TRICARE Plus if you're:
- TRICARE-eligible and not enrolled in a TRICARE Prime Plan, the US Family Health Plan or a civilian or Medicare Health Maintenance Organization
- A dependent parent or parent-in-law.
Have enrollment questions? Contact your local military hospital or clinic.
How does TRICARE Plus work?
TRICARE Plus gives you access to get primary care at your military hospital or clinic. You pay nothing out-of-pocket.
Make an appointment with your primary care provider by:
- Booking your appointment online, or
- Calling your military hospital’s or clinic’s central appointment line
TRICARE Plus doesn’t cover specialty care.
If you’re a dependent parent or parent-in-law, TRICARE won’t pay for care by civilian providers, even if the military hospital or clinic refers you for care. You’re responsible for the full cost of the care.
No, but if you’re using TRICARE Plus with another TRICARE health plan, you have minimum essential coverage under that plan.
You don’t need to have Medicare Part B to enroll in TRICARE Plus. But, without Part B, you may not be covered by TRICARE for civilian care. >>Learn More
Last Updated 1/8/2016