TRICARE Reserve Select Monthly Premiums
For current costs, visit the TRICARE Compare Cost Tool.
First Premium Payment
You must submit an initial two-month premium payment with your completed form to begin coverage. You can pay the first payment by:
- Money order or cashier's check (payable to the regional contractor)
- Debit/credit card (Visa/MasterCard)
Are you purchasing Continued Coverage? This means you're transitioning directly from TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Select to TRS with no break in coverage. If so, you'll be required to pay the minimum amount necessary to set up your automated payment. Contact your regional contractor for more information.
Ongoing Premium Payments
After the first payment, premium payments are only accepted automatically by:
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT) or
- Recurring debit/credit card (Visa/MasterCard)
Your regional contractor will automatically process your premium payments on the 1st business day of the month for the current month of coverage.
- You may be charged a fee of up to $20.00 for insufficient or unavailable funds.
- Failure to pay any overdue premium amounts will result in suspension of coverage effective the last day of the month last paid.
Click on your region to learn more about your payment options:
Have you lost your TRICARE Reserve Select (TRS) coverage for failure to pay? You have five months from your last paid through date to request reinstatement. If your TRS coverage is reinstated, you’re still responsible for paying all past due premiums. You’ll also have to pay your current premiums, including fees. This is a temporary change during the national health emergency.
Last Updated 3/29/2021