When Coverage BeginsTRICARE Retried Reserve is open for enrollment any time during the year.
- When completing your form online, select the requested start date offered.
- You can choose for coverage to start on the first of the next month, or the first of the following month.
- The form must be received or postmarked by the last day of the month to get your requested start date.
Here’s an Example:
- On April 15, you log on to milConnect.
- When completing your Reserve Component Health Coverage Request Form, you have the option for your coverage to start on May 1 or June 1.
- Select your start date: May 1 or June 1.
- Print and send your form to the regional contractor at the address on the form.
- Your form must be received or postmarked by April 30 to get your requested start date of May 1 or June 1, whichever you selected on the form.
When You Lose Other TRICARE Coverage
If losing coverage under another TRICARE health plan option, you can purchase TRICARE Retired Reserve with no break in coverage.
- Your Reserve Component Health Coverage Request Form must be postmarked or received no later than 30 days after the loss of other TRICARE coverage.
- Coverage begins on the first day after you lose the other coverage.
Changes in Your Family
Application deadlines and effective dates of coverage will vary if you have changes in family composition such as marriage, birth/adoption or a sponsor's death. >>View Life Events
Last Updated 6/3/2019