Determination of Eligibility Request
TRICARE Prime Remote (TPR) is available to:
- Active duty service members
- ActivatedCalled or ordered to active duty service for more than 30 days in a row. National Guard and Reserve members called or ordered to active duty for more than 30 days (Pre‐Activation/Pre‐Mobilization/Pre-Deployment/TDY orders aren't eligible)
TPR eligibility determination requests address the Active duty service member eligibility only. Guard/Reserve members who live and work in designated remote locations are eligible.
If you don't live and work in a designated remote location, you may submit a Determination of Eligibility Request to the Defense Health Agency TRICARE Health Plan Office. You must meet one or more of these exceptions:
- Your unit is in one contractor region, but you live in another contractor region.
- You and your unit are in one region, but the closest primary care manager is in another region. The East regionAlabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa (Rock Island area), Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri (St. Louis area), New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (excluding El Paso area), Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. contractor is Humana. The West regionAlaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa (excludes Rock Island arsenal area), Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri (except St. Louis area), Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas (southwestern corner including El Paso), Utah, Washington and Wyoming. contractor is Health Net.
- Geographic barriers or other unique situations exist. For instance, the distance or drive time to the nearest military hospital or clinic from your residence and your work unit each exceeds 50 miles or one hour drive time.
Only the service member or the Unit Commander may request a TPR Determination of Eligibility Request.
Last Updated 7/6/2020