Line of Duty Care

You may qualify for line of duty care if you get or worsen an injury, illness, or disease while in the line of duty. 

The line of duty includes:

  • Active Duty Training (ADT),
  • Inactive Duty Training (IDT),
  • Drill weekend, or
  • Any other training while on orders 30 days or less.

It also includes the time when you are traveling directly to or from your place of duty.

Getting an approved LOD/NOE determination means you’ll be able to obtain health care at Government expense for these cases. The LOD/NOE determination validates your eligibility to receive follow on care for a military service-related injury or illness after your period of orders (30 days or less) or less have expired.


Last Updated 2/16/2024