Enroll or Purchase a Plan

Health Plans

You must enroll or purchase the following health plans to participate.

*Active duty service members must enroll in TRICARE Prime, TRICARE Prime Remote, TRICARE Prime Overseas or TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas (based on the duty station).

Looking for TRICARE Open Season Information?

>>Learn more.

Looking for TRICARE For Life Information? 

You don't have to enroll to use TRICARE For Life—coverage is automatic as long as you are registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System and have Medicare Part A & B.

Dental Plan

The TRICARE Dental Program is a voluntary dental insurance plan requiring enrollment separate from any of the health plan options.

Enrolling After a Qualifying Life Event (QLE)

You can only enroll in or change enrollment to TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Select after a Qualifying Life Event (QLE) or during the annual fall TRICARE Open Season. However, you can purchase premium-based plans (TRICARE Reserve Select, TRICARE Retired Reserve, TRICARE Young Adult, and the Continued Health Care Benefit Program) at any time.

A QLE is a certain change in your life, such as marriage, birth of a child, or retirement from active duty, which may mean different TRICARE options are available to you. A QLE opens a 90-day period for you to make eligible enrollment changes.

If you want to enroll in or change your plan, you must:

  • Make the enrollment changes within 90 days following the QLE.
  • Pay any enrollment fees or premiums due during that period.

A QLE for one family member means all family members may make enrollment changes. >>Learn more.

Last Updated 3/18/2021