Disenrolling from TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas
You do not have to re-enroll every year to continue TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas coverage, but certain events will cause you to be disenrolled.
Sponsor Status Change
Any change in the sponsor's status (e.g., active duty to retired or Guard/Reserve deactivation) will cause an automatic disenrollment.
- If you're still eligible for TRICARE Prime Overseas after the change, submit a new enrollment application to International SOS.
- You can submit a new enrollment form before the change occurs to avoid a lapse in coverage.
If the sponsor retires, TRICARE Prime Overseas is no longer available. If you continue to live overseas, you're covered by TRICARE Select Overseas.
- Active duty service members can't disenroll from TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas.
- All others can choose to disenroll at anytime, but may be subject to a one-year lock out from re-enrolling.
- Contact your regional contractor to initiate a voluntary disenrollment.
Loss of Eligibility
If you lose eligibility for TRICARE, your TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas coverage will automatically end.