You can fill your prescriptions at military pharmacies for free:
- Military pharmacies stock drugs on the Basic Core FormularyClick to closeA list of drugs that are available at all full-service military pharmacies. They meet most of the primary care needs of TRICARE beneficiaries. as well as many brand name maintenance drugsClick to closeAny drug you take regularly for a chronic condition. on the Uniform Formulary.
- Call the military pharmacy to verify your prescription is available.
- Get up to 90-day supply for most drugs
Military pharmacies are usually at a military hospital or clinic, but some are free-standing pharmacies located elsewhere on the base. >>Find a Military Pharmacy Near You
Need to pick up someone else's prescription?
The process for picking up prescriptions for someone else may vary by pharmacy. Please ask your military pharmacy what you need to pick up someone else's prescription
|If your provider is:||Do this with your prescription:|
At the military hospital or clinic
Your doctor should send it to the pharmacy electronically, or you can turn it in at the pharmacy.
You can wait for it to be filled, or drop it off and pick it up later.
A civilian TRICARE-authorized providerClick to closeAn authorized provider is any individual, institution/organization, or supplier that is licensed by a state, accredited by national organization, or meets other standards of the medical community, and is certified to provide benefits under TRICARE. There are two types of TRICARE-authorized providers: Network and Non-Network.
Call the military pharmacy to see if it can be filled. If yes:
Wait for it to be filled, or drop it off and pick it up later.
If the military pharmacy can’t fill it:
*Remember: Select maintenance drugs must be refilled through home delivery or at military pharmacies. So, even if you fill a prescription at a network pharmacy, you may be required to switch to home delivery.
- Each military pharmacy has its own prescription refill process.
- Check with the pharmacy for details.
- If you're a registered user on the TOL Patient Portal, you may be able to order refills online.
You can also transfer prescriptions from a network pharmacy to a military pharmacy, if it's available. Call the Member Choice Center at 1-877-882-3335.
Last Updated 5/9/2019