Retired Service Members and Their Family
Relocation must be to a new country, and/or city, region, or zip +4 code to be a QLE. You have 90 days from the date of your address change to change your health plan.
You can transfer your TRICARE Prime coverage as long as TRICARE Prime is available in your new location.
Your old contractor provides your health care coverage until:
- You ernrollment is transferred to the gaining contractor;
- You’re no longer eligible for enrollment in TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Select;
- You disenroll; or
- You’re disenrolled due to failure to pay required enrollment fees, whichever occurs first.
Remember to also transfer your payments if you're changing regions/contractors
Moving within the Same TRICARE Region
- If you move to another Prime Service Area, simply change your primary care manager
- If you move to a remote area, you’ll disenroll from TRICARE Prime and enroll in TRICARE Select
Moving to another TRICARE Region in the United States
If you Move to a Prime Service Area
Call your new regional contractor to transfer your TRICARE Prime coverage after you move:
- East RegionAlabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa (Rock Island area), Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri (St. Louis area), New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (excluding El Paso area), Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.—Humana Military: 1-800-444-5445
- West RegionAlaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa (excludes Rock Island arsenal area), Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri (except St. Louis area), Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas (southwestern corner including El Paso), Utah, Washington and Wyoming.—Health Net Federal Services: 1-844-866-9378
If you Move to a Designated US Family Health Plan Location
- You can transfer to the US Family Health Plan
If you Move to a Remote Location
- You’ll need to disenroll from TRICARE Prime
- You'll need to enroll in TRICARE Select
Last Updated 3/18/2022