Active Duty Service Members
Where you move determines which TRICARE Prime Option you’ll use:
- TRICARE Prime
- TRICARE Prime Remote
- TRICARE Prime Overseas
- TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas
Moving Within the Same TRICARE Region
- If you move to another Prime Service Area, simply change your primary care manager.
- If you move to a remote area, call your regional contractor to transfer to TRICARE Prime Remote.
Moving to Another TRICARE Region
You can begin your enrollment transfer before you move. To start the process, call your current contractor as soon as you know you’re moving.
- East RegionUnder the new regional contracts, the East Region is a merger of the North and South Regions and includes: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa (Rock Island area), Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri (St. Louis area), New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (excluding El Paso area), Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.—Humana Military: 1-800-444-5445
- West RegionAlaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa (excludes Rock Island arsenal area), Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri (except St. Louis area), Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas (southwestern corner including El Paso), Utah, Washington and Wyoming.—Health Net: 1-844-866-9378
Your current contractor will ask for:
- Sponsor's name, SSN, cell phone number and email address
- Your estimated arrival date at your new duty station
- Where you’re moving, to determine your new contractor and appropriate Prime option
- Names and contact information for any family members who are also moving
Your current contractor shares your information with your new contractor (East - Humana Military, West - Health Net, or Overseas - International SOS)
- Your new contractor will call you within five business days of your estimated arrival date to discuss your Prime enrollment options.
- Your enrollment transfer is effective the day your new contractor calls you and you agree to the enrollment transfer.
- It may take up to four business days to complete the transfer, but you'll be covered by your old contractor until the enrollment transfer is complete.
Starting the process over the phone before you move is the easiest and fastest way to transfer your TRICARE Prime enrollment. You can also transfer your enrollment online (in the U.S. only) or by mail after you move.