Active Duty Service Members
Relocation must be to a new country, and/or city, region, or zip +4 code to be a QLE. You have 90 days from the date of your address change to change your health plan.
Where you move determines which TRICARE Prime Option you’ll use:
- TRICARE Prime
- TRICARE Prime Remote
- TRICARE Prime Overseas
- TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas
Moving Within the Same TRICARE Region
- If you move to another Prime Service Area, simply change your primary care manager.
- If you move to a remote area, call your regional contractor to transfer to TRICARE Prime Remote.
Moving to Another TRICARE Region
You can begin your enrollment transfer before you move. To start the process, call your new contractor as soon as you know you’re moving.
- East RegionUnder the new regional contracts, the East Region is a merger of the North and South Regions and includes: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa (Rock Island area), Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri (St. Louis area), New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (excluding El Paso area), Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.—Humana Military: 1-800-444-5445
- West RegionAlaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa (excludes Rock Island arsenal area), Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri (except St. Louis area), Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas (southwestern corner including El Paso), Utah, Washington and Wyoming.—Health Net: 1-844-866-9378
- Overseas—International SOS
Starting the process over the phone before you move is the easiest and fastest way to transfer your TRICARE Prime enrollment. You can also transfer your enrollment online (in the U.S. only) or by mail after you move.
Last Updated 12/20/2018