Active Duty Survivors
Relocation must be to a new country, and/or city, region, or zip +4 code to be a QLE. You have 90 days from the date of your address change to change your health plan.
You can transfer your TRICARE Prime coverage when you move. For surviving spouses, your options depend on when your sponsor died. >>Learn More
Moving Within the Same TRICARE Region
- If you move to another Prime Service Area in the same TRICARE region, simply change your primary care manager
Moving to Another TRICARE Region
If you Move to a Prime Service Area
Call your new contractor to transfer your TRICARE Prime coverage:
- East RegionUnder the new regional contracts, the East Region is a merger of the North and South Regions and includes: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa (Rock Island area), Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri (St. Louis area), New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (excluding El Paso area), Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.—Humana Military: 1-800-444-5445
- West RegionAlaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa (excludes Rock Island arsenal area), Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri (except St. Louis area), Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas (southwestern corner including El Paso), Utah, Washington and Wyoming.—Health Net: 1-844-866-9378
If you Move to a Remote LocationYou might be able to transfer to TRICARE Prime Remote.
- Surviving spouses:
- You can use TRICARE Prime Remote for the first three years after your sponsor’s death.
- After three years, you can enroll in TRICARE Select
- Surviving children:
- Your benefits for surviving children don’t change after three years.
- You can transfer their coverage to TRICARE Prime Remote at any time.
- Call your regional contractor to transfer to TRICARE Prime Remote
If you Move to a Designated US Family Health Plan Location
- You can transfer to the US Family Health Plan.
- If you decide not to transfer to the US Family Health Plan, you can disenroll and enroll in TRICARE Select anywhere in the U.S.
If you move overseas, call International SOS to learn your options and transfer your coverage.
Last Updated 12/20/2018