Do you need a prescription filled right away? Are you unable to get to a military pharmacy?
You can visit a TRICARE retail network pharmacy. There are more than 41,000 locations in the U.S. and U.S. Territories:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- Northern Mariana Islands
There are currently no network pharmacies in American Samoa.
You can also:
- Use the Express Scripts mobile app
- Call 1-877-363-1303
Network pharmacies aren't located in other overseas areas, but in the Philippines, you must get your prescriptions filled at a certified pharmacy.
Using Network Pharmacies
Filling your prescriptions at a network pharmacy is easy:
- Ask your provider to send your prescription electronically, or
- Hand-carry your written prescription to the pharmacy
You'll be required to show your uniformed services ID card. If you have problems at a network pharmacy, please contact Express Scripts.
In some cases, you may not be able to fill your prescription at a retail network pharmacy:
- Some non-formulary drugsA drug in a therapeutic class that isn’t as clinically or cost-effective as other drugs in the same class. You pay a higher cost share for these drugs. are only covered through Home Delivery or at military pharmacies
- All beneficiaries except active duty service members must get refills for certain maintenance drugs in the
U.S. and U.S. Territories through Home Delivery or at a military pharmacy.
- This applies mostly to brand name drugs.
- You can refill most generic maintenance drugsAny drug you take regularly for a chronic condition. at a network pharmacy.
For network pharmacy costs, visit the Co-Pays and Cost Shares page.
You can get some covered vaccines for no cost at participating network pharmacies. To find a pharmacy that offers vaccines:
- Search online
- Call 1-877-363-1303
Using Pharmacies Overseas
If you’re living or traveling overseas, you must use a military pharmacy or overseas pharmacy.
Overseas Retail Pharmacies
In some cases, overseas retail pharmacies may be your only option. You may have to pay for the total amount first and then file a claim with the overseas contractor for reimbursement.
- Active duty service members will get a full reimbursement.
- Active duty family will get a full reimbursement when enrolled in TRICARE Overseas Program Prime or TRICARE Overseas Program Prime Remote.
- All others will get a partial reimbursement.
In the Philippines
You must fill all prescriptions at certified pharmacies in the Philippines.
International SOS strives to update the certified pharmacy list on the 1st and 15th of each month. If the 1st or 15th falls on a federal holiday or weekend, the list won’t be updated until the next business day. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact support@GLOBAL24NS.com.
Mercury Drug and Rose Pharmacy are both certified at the corporate level. Search for valid pharmacy locations through the Mercury Drug and Rose Pharmacy corporate websites.
If you don't fill your prescriptions at a certified pharmacy, you're responsible for the full cost of the prescription. Prescriptions purchased from and/or billed by your health care provider’s office will not be cost shared by TRICARE.
- Manson Drug isn’t certified as of October 1, 2011.
- South Star Pharmacy isn’t certified as of November 1, 2011.
- Claims with a date of service before these dates will be honored and processed.
Quantity limits vary by type of pharmacy:
- Military Pharmacy: up to a 90-day supply
- Home Delivery: up to a 90-day supply
- Network Pharmacy: up to a 30-day supply
Exceptions can be made if your provider establishes medical necessity.
If you have a prescription filled at a non-network pharmacy, point-of-service fees will apply.
Last Updated 5/1/2023