TRICARE has four pharmacy options. Each option is available worldwide, but there are some limits overseas.
You'll need a written prescription and valid uniformed services identification card to fill your prescriptions. In most cases, your provider can send your prescriptions electronically.
You can search the TRICARE Formulary to:
- See where you can get your prescription filled
- See how much it costs
- See if your prescription needs prior authorization
- Look up the medical necessity criteria
- Get the prior authorization and medical necessity forms for your prescription
There are specific rules for filling prescriptions for certain types of drugs. Learn more about filling prescriptions for these drugs:
We check all prescriptions filled through the military, home delivery or at a network pharmacy against your TRICARE prescription history.
- Uses an automated tool
- Reduces the likelihood of bad drug interactions
- Reduces duplicate treatments
Last Updated 1/8/2016