TRICARE has four pharmacy options. Each option is available worldwide, but there are some limits overseas.non-network pharmacy.
You'll need a written prescription and valid uniformed services identification card to fill your prescriptions. In most cases, your provider can send your prescriptions electronically.
You can search the TRICARE Formulary to:
- See where you can get your prescription filled
- See how much it costs
- See if your prescription needs pre-authorization
- Look up the medical necessity criteria
- Get the pre-authorization and medical necessity forms for your prescription
There are specific rules for filling prescriptions for certain types of drugs. Learn more about filling prescriptions for these drugs:
Quantity limits vary by type of pharmacy:
- Military Pharmacy: up to a 90-day supply
- Home Delivery: up to a 90-day supply
- Network Pharmacy: up to a 30-day supply
Exceptions can be made if your provider establishes medical necessity.
We use an automated tool to check all prescriptions filled through the military, home delivery, or at a network pharmacy against your TRICARE prescription history. Doing this reduces the likelihood of bad drug interactions and reduces duplicate treatments.
Last Updated 1/26/2022