- Are usually self-administered, high cost, injectable, or oral drugs
- Can require clinical training to administer
- Treat chronic conditions (e.g., cancer, multiple scleroses, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis C)
- May need special storage and handling
- Aren’t available from many retail pharmacies
If you have a prescription for a specialty drug on the specialty drug list, you must get it filled through:
- An in-network retail pharmacy. This includes Accredo, a specialty pharmacy serving TRICARE patients with complex and chronic health conditions.
- TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery, including specialty pharmacy services provided by Accredo.
- A military pharmacy. You can check with your local military pharmacy to see if they stock your drug and if so, how to switch.
Home Delivery for Specialty Drugs
- Get expert advice from specialty-trained pharmacists and nurses available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Receive condition-specific support from clinicians
- Schedule delivery of your specialty drugs to your home or office on a day that works for you at no additional cost
- Manage your specialty medications and set refill reminders
To learn more, please visit the Accredo Specialty Drugs page.
Do you fill your specialty drugs through TRICARE Home Delivery?Starting March 1, 2024, you may start to receive expanded specialty pharmacy services from Accredo. Accredo is an accredited specialty pharmacy that serves patients with complex and chronic health conditions. >>Learn more
Last Updated 3/1/2024