New Active Duty Service Members
Your Health Plan Options
You'll enroll in one of the following plans based on your duty station:
You're automatically covered by one of these plans, but you must enroll.
- You may enroll when you in-process at your duty station.
- You can enroll family members when you enroll.
TRICARE is the only health benefit you can use.
- TRICARE offers comprehensive coverage. >>See what's covered
- Learn about TRICARE's robust pharmacy benefit.
- You'll get most dental care at military dental clinics. If you need civilian dental care:
- You pay nothing out-of-pocket for covered services.
- If you have to pay for something, you can file a claim with TRICARE for a full reimbursement.
Family Member Coverage
- Your spouse and children are eligible for TRICARE
- They must be registered as your "dependents" in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
- Family members have other health plan options in addition to the Prime plans listed above.
- If you have dependent parents or parents-in-law, they may be eligible for some benefits.
Last Updated 12/21/2016