TRICARE Prime Overseas
TRICARE Prime Overseas is a managed care option in overseas areas near military hospitals and clinics.
- Enrollment required
- No enrollment fees
Who Can Participate?
- Active duty service members
- Command-sponsored active duty family members
- ActivatedCalled or ordered to active duty service for more than 30 days in a row. National Guard/Reserve membersIncludes members of the:
- Army National Guard
- Army Reserve
- Navy Reserve
- Marine Corps Reserve
- Air National Guard
- Air Force Reserve
- U.S. Coast Guard Reserve
- Command-sponsored family members of activated National Guard/Reserve members
Retirees and their families can't enroll in TRICARE Prime Overseas
How it Works
- You'll get most care from your assigned primary care manager (PCM) at a military hospital or clinic.
- Your PCM refers you to a specialist for care he or she can't provide and works with International SOS for authorization, when needed.
What You Pay
- No enrollment fees
- No copayments for any type of care as long as care is received from your PCM or with a referral.
- Care received without a referral is subject to point-of-service fees
Is TRICARE Prime Overseas Right for You?
TRICARE Prime Overseas is only available to active duty service members (including activated Guard/Reserve members) and command sponsored family members.
- If you're on active duty you have to enroll in TRICARE Prime Overseas where its available.
- Family members must be command-sponsored to enroll.
- Family members who aren't command-sponsored or who choose not to enroll in TRICARE Prime Overseas may want to consider purchasing other health insuranceHealth insurance you have in addition to TRICARE, such as Medicare or an employer-sponsored health insurance. TRICARE supplements don’t qualify as "other health insurance.".
How to Enroll—2 Options
- Call your regional call center
- Eurasia-Africa AreaEuropean and African continents, all Middle Eastern countries, Pakistan, Russia and several former Soviet Republics. This includes Baltic States, Ukraine, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan.: +44-20-8762-8384
- Latin America and Canada AreaCentral and South America, the Caribbean Basin, Canada, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.: 1-215-942-8393
- Pacific AreaGuam, Japan, Korea, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, India and Western Pacific remote countries.: +65-6339-2676 (Singapore)/+61-2-9273-2710 (Sydney)
- Mail the enrollment form and a copy of your orders to your regional call center or TRICARE Service Center.
Once you have enrolled you can download a TRICARE wallet card to take to your appointments but you must also show your military ID as proof of coverage.
For information on disenrolling or ending plan coverage, visit the Disenrolling in TRICARE Prime Overseas page.
International SOS offers translation services for active duty families overseas. Active duty service members and their families can get their entire medical records translated. Take advantage of this service when you move or change providers--especially in remote overseas areas!
Last Updated 10/19/2020