Medical Claims

Follow the steps below to file and check the status of your claims.

  • Keep a copy of all paperwork for your records.
  • If you need help, call your regional contractor.

Are you overseas? If yes, then you can file your claims online

  1. Fill out the TRICARE Claim Form

  2. Include a Copy of the Provider's Bill 

    Attach a readable copy of the provider's bill to the claim form, making sure it contains the following:

    • Sponsor's Social Security Number (SSN) or Department of Defense Benefits Number (DBN) (eligible former spouses should use their SSN)
    • Provider's name and address (if more than one provider's name is on the bill, circle the name of the person who treated you)
    • Date and place of each service
    • Description of each service or supply furnished
    • Charge for each service
    • Diagnosis (if the diagnosis is not on the bill, be sure to complete block 8a on the form)
  3. Submit the Claim

    • Mail your completed claim form to the claims address for your claims processor.
    • If filing a claim overseas, you can submit your claim online. >>Learn More
  4. Check the Status of Your Claims

    To keep track of your claims online, you'll need to register on your claim processor's site:

    Once registered, you can also:

    • Look up your deductibles and your out-of-pocket expenses
    • Update your other health insuranceHealth insurance you have in addition to TRICARE, such as Medicare or an employer-sponsored health insurance. TRICARE supplements don’t qualify as "other health insurance." information
    • View your explanations of benefits online

Last Updated 3/24/2022