Getting Care When Traveling During School Breaks

You should get all of your routine care from your regular doctor before you travel during a school break, especially if you use TRICARE Prime.

If you need to see a doctor when traveling, here are some basic guidelines.

Emergency Care

Go to the nearest emergency roomThe hospital department that provides emergency services to patients who need immediate medical attention., or call 911.

  • You may need to pay up front and file a claim for reimbursement.
  • Keep all of your receipts and file claims in the region where you live, not where you went to the ER.
  • If you use a TRICARE Prime plan, be sure to call your regional contractor or primary care manager within 24 hours.

Urgent Care


Last Updated 10/17/2016