TRICARE Flu Resources
The flu is a contagious respiratory illness. The flu can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. The flu spreads through coughing, sneezing, and personal contact.
Three Steps in Preventing the Spread of the Flu
1. Get Vaccinated.
- All children aged six months to 18 years
- Adults aged 50 years and older
- Persons with underlying chronic medical conditions
- All women who are be pregnant during the influenza season
- Health care workers involved in direct patient care
- Child care and elderly care workers
- Persons at high risk of severe complications from influenza
2. Take Steps Daily to Prevent the Spread of the Flu.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm/hot water
- Use an alcohol-based sanitizer when hand-washing is not possible
- Cover your mouth or nose when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid contact with your nose, eyes, or mouth
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you have flu-like symptoms
3. Take Anti-viral Drugs When Recommended.
Last Updated 6/14/2023