Back to School
TRICARE can help get your child ready for school in the following ways.
- You can get required vaccines from any TRICARE authorized provider.
- Many are also available at participating retail network pharmacies.
- Children of active duty service members can get annual eye exams.
- Children of retired service members with TRICARE Prime can get eye exams every two years.
You may be able to get dental coverage through the . If eligible, you can enroll your child at any time. There may be other dental options as well. >>Learn more.
Preparing for First Week Jitters
Some children are excited to get back to school with their friends. But for others, it can be overwhelming.
- Many children may be nervous or scared about meeting new friends and teachers.
- Others may be heading to a new school because they are entering a new grade or because they have moved.
It's important to make sure your kids are adjusting. Usually, these feelings subside quickly as kids get involved in school. TRICARE covers mental health services for kids and families who may need some extra help adjusting. .
Make Healthy Choices Daily
You can help your children make healthy choices each day. See these pages for information on how to live healthy:
Going to College
Children can get TRICARE while enrolled in college until their 23rd birthday or until they graduate, whichever comes first. After that, children may qualify to purchase . You must enter your child's student status in the . Check with to see what information is needed.
Back to School Resources
There are many additional programs and resources you can use to get help. Read below to see what is right for you.
Back to School Tips
Resources for Children with Deployed Parents
Last Updated 8/16/2022