Prescription drugs and other products not covered by TRICARE include:
- Excluded drugs listed in the non-covered category
- Drugs used to treat a non-covered condition
- Drugs prescribed for cosmetic purposes
- Homeopathic and herbal preparations
- Fluoride preparations
- Multivitamins (prenatal vitamins with a prescription are covered)
- Over-the-counter (OTC) products, except for:
- Weight loss products
You can get prescriptions filled for excluded drugs, but you have to pay the full cost of the drug. The amount you pay for the excluded drug won’t apply to your catastrophic cap. Check the TRICARE Formulary for information about your drug.
You can have the prescription filled at any network pharmacy, but you are responsible for the entire cost of the prescription. Non-covered drugs are not available at military pharmacies or through home delivery.
Last Updated 9/22/2020