Tobacco Cessation Services
|Covered by TRICARE?||Limits|
TRICARE provides services, drugs and support to help you quit tobacco. You don’t need to be diagnosed with a tobacco-related illness to use tobacco cessation benefits.
- Benefits are available to all beneficiaries who aren't eligible for Medicare
- Tobacco cessation counseling is currently covered under Medicare Part B
- If you're eligible for Medicare, you must use Medicare for these types of services
||What is it?
TRICARE covers tobacco cessation counseling from TRICARE-authorized providers in the United States.
|Tobacco Cessation Products
TRICARE covers prescription and over-the-counter tobacco cessation products at no cost.
Covered tobacco cessation products include:
- Varenicline tablets (brand name Chantix)
- Bupropion SR tablets (brand name Zyban and generics)
- Nicotine nasal spray (brand name Nicotrol NS)
- Nicotine inhalation (brand name Nicotrol)
- Nicotine transdermal (brand names Nicoderm CQ and Habitrol)
- Nicotine Gum (brand names Nicorette, Nicorelief and generics)
- Nicotine Lozenge (brand names Nicorette, Commit and generics)
Access to 24-hour toll-free support in the United States:
- North: 1-866-459-8766
- South: 1-877-414-9949
- West: 1-888-713-4597
|Web-based educational materials
Web-based educational materials, self-help support, self-paced quit program and live online chat sessions from tobacco cessation coaches:
Watch this episode of TRICARE TV to see how TRICARE can help you live tobacco free.
Watch to learn more about the Freedom Smoking Quitline.