Individual Provider Services
Individual provider services are those services provided during an office visit (appointment) or during an inpatient stay (hospitalization). TRICARE covers:
- Office visits
- Outpatient office-based medical and surgical care
- Consultation, diagnosis and treatment by a specialist
- Allergy tests and treatment
- Osteopathic manipulation
- Rehabilitation services (e.g., physical therapy, speech pathology services and occupational therapy)
- Medical supplies used within the office
A referral or prescription is needed before obtaining certain services. Contact your primary care manager if using TRICARE Prime or your family provider if using TRICARE Select.
This list of covered services is not all inclusive. TRICARE covers services that are medically necessaryClick to closeTo be medically necessary means it is appropriate, reasonable, and adequate for your condition. and considered proven. There are special rules or limits on certain services, and some services are excluded.
Last Updated 6/28/2019