TRICARE Dental Program
The TRICARE Dental Program (TDP) is a voluntary dental plan. Sponsors can enroll through the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website.
You can enroll if you're a:
- Family member of an active duty service member.
- Family member of a National Guard/Reserve member.
- National Guard/Reserve Member who isn’t on active duty or covered by the Transitional Assistance Management Program (TAMP).
- You get active duty dental benefits if you're on active duty orders for more than 30 days or covered by TAMP.
United Concordia administers the TDP benefit. You'll need a Department of Defense Self-Service Logon to create your account. After you enroll, you can create an account with United Concordia to:
- View dental coverage
- Check a claim
- View claims history
- View explanation of benefits
- Register a chronic condition, pregnancy or special need
- Select communication preferences (e.g., text, email or mail)
- Access messages in a secure Messaging Center
To find a CONUS50 United States, the District of Columbia, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands dentist, search the United Condordia network. If you're overseas, use the OCONUSAreas outside of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands Find a Dentist Tool.
Enrollment and Disenrollment
You can enroll in the TDP online, on the phone, or through the mail.
- Enroll all family members at the same time
- Pay your first monthly premium
- Set up automatic payments for ongoing premium payments
Note: This option isn't available overseas.
Download the TRICARE Dental Program Enrollment/Change Authorization. Mail it with your first monthly premium to United Concordia:United Concordia
TRICARE Dental Program
P.O. Box 645547
Pittsburgh, PA 15264-5253
You can disenroll from the TRICARE Dental Program by completing a new TRICARE Dental Program Enrollment/Change Authorization Form. Your coverage ends depending on when your form is received.
Minimum Enrollment Period
You must enroll for a minimum of 12 months.
- Your sponsor must have 12 months remaining on their service commitment.
- You must complete the first 12 month enrollment unless you have a valid reason to end coverage.
- After the 12 month period, you can continue on a month-to-month basis
View the TRICARE Dental Program Handbook for exceptions to the minimum enrollment period.
The TDP has two options:
- Single (one person)
- Family (two or more people)
- If you choose a family plan, all eligible family members must enroll except:
- Children under age one. If you have a family plan, your children will be automatically on the family plan on the first day of the month after they reach age one
- Family members living in two or more locations
- Family members who need special medical attention in a hospital or treatment center. (You must have documentation)
Guard/Reserve enrollments work a little differently. Sponsors enroll separately because their military status may change.
- The sponsor and family members enroll separately and pay two different premium payments.
- The sponsor can only select a single plan.
- Family members can enroll under a single or family plan.
- The sponsor doesn't have to have a plan for families to enroll.
Do you need an annual dental exam for dental readiness? TRICARE Dental Program network dentists can complete the dental exam form (DD 2813) for you at no cost. >>Learn More
When you send your TDP enrollment form, United Concordia will:
- See if you’re eligible
- Check that your premium payment is correct
- Process your enrollment
- Contact you if there are any problems
- If your enrollment is received:
- By the 20th of the month, your coverage starts on the first day of the next month
- After the 20th of the month, your coverage starts on the first day of the second month
- See the chart below for samples enrollment start dates
If you'd like an enrollment card, you can download one from the milConnect website. If you get any dental care before your start date, you'll have to pay for the full cost of your care.
|Date Verified||Enrollment Starts|
|December 21-January 20||February 1|
|January 21-February 20||March 1|
|February 21-March 20||April 1|
|March 21-April 20||May 1|
|April 21-May 20||June 1|
|May 21-June 20||July 1|
|June 21-July 20||August 1|
|July 21-August 20||September 1|
|August 21-September 20||October 1|
|September 21-October 20||November 1|
|October 21-November 20||December 1|
|November 21-December 20||January 1|
Last Updated 10/21/2022