Active Duty Dental Care

You get most of your dental care at military dental clinics. (See exception for Public Health Service Officers, below.)

If you need care outside of a military dental clinic, how you get care depends on where you live.

In the United States and U.S. Territories

If you need to get dental care from a civilian dentist, you'll use the TRICARE Active Duty Dental Program in:

  • the United States
  • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Guam
  • Puerto Rico
  • American Samoa
  • Northern Mariana Islands

All Other Overseas Locations

In all other overseas areas, International SOS handles all overseas dental care. If you need to see an overseas dentist, contact International SOS.

Public Health Service Officers

You have dental coverage through U.S. Public Health Service Active Duty Dental Program. This program is administered by Delta Dental.

Service Academy Emergency Dental Care

Due to COVID-19, members of the U.S. Service Academies may be able to receive emergency dental care through the Active Duty Dental Program. >> Learn more

Last Updated 9/3/2020