TRICARE covers well-child care for children under age 6 (from birth through age 5) including:
- Newborn care
- History and physical examination
- Mental health assessment
- Developmental and behavioral appraisal
- Height and weight
- Head circumference until age 2
- Eye and vision screening by primary care provider at birth and at around 6 months old
- Audiology (hearing) screening before 1 month old.
- Dental Screenings
- Routine immunizations
- Tuberculin test at 12 months of age and once during 2nd year of age
- Hemoglobin or hematocrit testing once during first year and once during 2nd year
- Urinalysis once during first year and once during 2nd year
- Annual blood pressure screening for children between 3 and 6 years old
- Blood Lead Testing
- Health guidance and counseling, including breast feeding and nutrition counseling
- Routine eye exams
This list of covered services is not all inclusive. TRICARE covers services that are medically necessaryTo be medically necessary means it is appropriate, reasonable, and adequate for your condition. and considered proven. There are special rules or limits on certain services, and some services are excluded.
Concerned about RSV and your child? TRICARE covers all services that are medically necessary and considered proven. >> Learn more about RSV.
Last Updated 3/20/2022