US Family Health Plan
The US Family Health Plan is an additional TRICARE Prime option available through networks of community-based, not-for-profit health care systems in six areas of the United States.
Who Can Participate?
The US Family Health Plan is available to the following beneficiaries who live in a designated US Family Health Plan area:
- Active duty family members
- Retired service members and their families*
- Family members of ActivatedCalled or ordered to active duty service for more than 30 days in a row. National Guard/Reserve membersIncludes members of the:
- Army National Guard
- Army Reserve
- Navy Reserve
- Marine Corps Reserve
- Air National Guard
- Air Force Reserve
- U.S. Coast Guard Reserve
- Non-activated National Guard/Reserve members and their families who qualify for care under the Transitional Assistance Management Program
- Retired National Guard/Reserve members at age 60 and their families*
- Medal of Honor recipients and their families
- Qualified former spouses
*Before October 1, 2012, the US Family Health Plan was also available to all Medicare-eligible beneficiaries age 65 and older. On October 1, 2012, this rule changed for all NEW US Family Health Plan enrollees, but existing enrollees are not affected. >>Learn More
Where Can You Use It?
You must live in the one of the designated US Family Health Plan service areas to enroll.
|US Family Health Plan Service Area||Designated Provider|
Johns Hopkins Medicine
Martin's Point Health Care
Brighton Marine Health Center
St. Vincent Catholic Medical Centers
|Puget Sound area of Washington state||
Pacific Medical Centers (Pacmed Clinics)
How it Works
You'll get all care (including prescription drug coverage) from a primary care provider that you select from the network of private physicians affiliated with one of the not-for-profit health care systems listed above. Your primary care provider assists you in getting appointments with specialists in the area and coordinates your care
You won't get care at military hospitals and clinics or from TRICARE network providers when enrolled in the US Family Health Plan.
What You Pay
Active duty family members pay no enrollment fees and no out-of-pocket costs for any type of care as long as care is received from the US Family Health Plan provider. All others pay annual enrollment fees and network copayments. >>Learn More
Is the US Family Health Plan Right for You?
If you live in one of the six designated areas, you may want to consider the US Family Health Plan. It's a robust Prime option that even offers enhanced coverage at each location. Visit www.usfhp.com for more information.
How to Enroll—3 Options
- Online via the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website
- Call 1-800-748-7347
- Mail the enrollment form to the US Family Health Plan site (mailing addresses on the form):
For information on disenrolling or ending plan coverage, visit the Disenrolling in the US Family Health Plan page.
Last Updated 12/19/2018