Safely Dispose of Drugs
How Does Drug Take Back Work?
- Mail-in envelopes you can pick up and take with you
- Secure bins where you can drop your unwanted drugs onsite
To see how to dispose of items not allowed through the Drug Take Back program, visit the Environmental Protection Agency website.
Why is Drug Take Back Important?
Practicing good drug disposal habits protects you, your family, and your community.
Proper drug disposal:
- Helps prevent accidental drug misuse.
- Reduces chemicals that go into our water systems and the environment.
Prescription pain drugs are the second most commonly misused drugs in the U.S.
- When used as directed, prescription drugs are safe and effective.
- When misused, prescription drugs can be dangerous, addictive, and deadly.
Can't Get to a Military Pharmacy?
You can safely dispose of your drugs at home! >>Learn more.
Last Updated 4/11/2023