Benefits for Injured Service Members
Were you on active duty when you were injured?
If so, you’re eligible for health care services beyond your basic TRICARE coverage. This includes National Guard and Reserve members.
You'll pay nothing out of pocket. There is no benefit cap.
These benefits include:
- Home health care supplies and services
- Training and special education
- Assistive technology devices
- Customized hand crank bikes
- Institutional care in private non-profit, public, and state facilities
- Transportation to and from the facilities above if you need it
- Custodial care in conjunction with authorized home health services
- Respite care for your primary caregiver
- Some reproductive services may be available
You may also qualify for compensation and benefits from other federal agencies. The Wounded, Ill and injured Compensation and Benefits Handbook has information about:
- Recovery resources
- Medical care
- Pay and allowances
- Disability Evaluation System
- Compensation and benefits
- Reintegration into civilian life