Home Health Care
- Part-time and intermittent skilled nursing care
- Home health aide services
- Physical, speech and occupational therapy
- Medical social services
You must get prior authorization for home health care.
The services covered under TRICARE are the same as those covered by Medicare. Your home health care:
- Must be provided by a participating home health agency
- Is only available in the United States, District of Columbia and U.S. Territories
- Isn’t covered in any other overseas areas
If you need medically necessaryTo be medically necessary means it is appropriate, reasonable, and adequate for your condition. home health care beyond these services, see the Extended Care Health Option (ECHO) Home Health Care program.
This list of covered services is not all inclusive. TRICARE covers services that are medically necessary and considered proven. There are special rules or limits on certain services, and some services are excluded.
Last Updated 6/18/2020