Uncovered Services and Supplies
TRICARE doesn’t cover services and supplies:
- from a scientific or medical study, grant or research program.
- provided for free.
- that would be free if you or your sponsor weren’t eligible for TRICARE.
- like inpatient stays directed or agreed to by a court or other government agency, unless medically necessaryTo be medically necessary means it is appropriate, reasonable, and adequate for your condition..
- needed for an occupational disease or injury when worker’s compensation or a similar law can pay for them. The exception is if you have exhausted those benefits.
- that any other health insuranceHealth insurance you have in addition to TRICARE, such as Medicare or an employer-sponsored health insurance. TRICARE supplements don’t qualify as "other health insurance." can pay for. TRICARE will be the secondary payer for any remaining charges.
Last Updated 10/3/2018