Partial Hospitalization (Psychiatric and Substance Use Disorder)
|Covered by TRICARE?||Limits|
Only available in the U.S. and U.S. Territories.
TRICARE covers authorized partial hospitalization program facilities for mental health and substance use disorders.
You may qualify for partial hospitalization if you:
- Are seeking treatment in the U.S. and its territories.
- Have mental health or substance use disorder problems.
- Can function with support in some of your major life areas.
- Don’t need to be in a hospital full time.
- Have a significant impairment that interferes with your normal functioning.
- Require medically monitored management of withdrawal symptoms (detoxification) with direct access to medical services.
- Need stabilization, have acute symptoms, need treatment for partially stabilized mental health disorders, or are transitioning from an inpatient program.
- Are unable to maintain yourself in the community with a lower level of outpatient services.
You don’t need to get prior authorization.