TRICARE covers echocardiogram for dental and invasive procedures to:
- Evaluate the valves and chambers of the heart
- Aid the diagnosis of cardiomyopathies
- Detect atrial tumors or pericardial effusions
- Evaluate cardiac wall motion and function after a heart attack
TRICARE also covers echocardiograms for cardiac valvulopathy associated with ingestion of Pondimin and Redux (Phen-Fen):
- After a thorough medical history and cardiovascular physical examination reveals a new murmur or symptoms (shortness of breath) of cardiac problems; or
- Before dental procedures in patients who have been found to have clinically significant valvular abnormalities.
This list of covered services is not all inclusive. TRICARE covers services that are medically necessaryClick to closeTo be medically necessary means it is appropriate, reasonable, and adequate for your condition. and considered proven. There are special rules or limits on certain services, and some services are excluded.
Last Updated 10/3/2018