TRICARE For Life Costs
Medicare Part B Premiums
When you use TRICARE For Life, you don't pay any enrollment fees, but you must pay Medicare Part B monthly premiums.
Your Part B premium is based on your income. For more information:
- Visit www.medicare.gov
- Call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778)
Costs for Covered Services
TRICARE pays after Medicare.
- In most cases, you'll pay nothing for covered services.
- If the care is covered by TRICARE but not Medicare, you'll pay the TRICARE For Life deductible and cost-shares. Examples include:
- Inpatient hospital stays longer than 150 days
- Care received outside of the U.S. or U.S. territories
- If the care isn't covered by Medicare or TRICARE, then you'll pay the entire amount.
- For more specific details, download the TRICARE For Life Cost Matrix.
Here's how it works: