Eating a nutritious diet can help you improve your overall health and maintain a healthy weight.
The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend that you:
- Fruits and vegetables in a variety of colors
- Whole grains (at least half of your grains)
- Fat-free or low-fat dairy
- Variety of proteins including seafood, lean meat and poultry, eggs, beans, soy, nuts and seeds
- Saturated fats
- Sugary drinks
- Refined grains
Regular physical activity can improve your health, no matter your age.
If you're active, you can:
- Lower your risk of certain illnesses and diseases
- Help you lose weight
- Help you keep off the weight
The Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans recommend:
- Children and teenagers get one hour of physical activity every day
- Adults get:
- Two hours and 30 minutes of moderate aerobic activity weekly, or
- One hour and 15 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity weekly, and
- Muscle strengthening exercises at least twice a week
- Any activity is better than none
Find out how to use your healthy living habits with your health care coverage to live your healthiest life!
Does TRICARE covers gastric bypass, gastric stapling and gastroplasty?
Yes, but only when the beneficiary meets specific conditions. >>Learn More