TRICARE For Life
In the U.S. or U.S. Territories
You can schedule an appointment with any TRICARE-authorized provider but finding a Medicare participating provider is your best option. You will need your Medicare card and uniformed services ID card when you go to your appointment.
After your appointment:
- Your provider files the claim with Medicare.
- Medicare pays the provider and sends the remaining amount electronically to TRICARE.
- TRICARE pays the remaining amount to the provider; you pay nothing out-of-pocket.
- You receive an explanation of benefits from Medicare and TRICARE.
All Other Overseas Areas
- Schedule an appointment with any approved overseas provider.
- To find a provider, contact International SOS or search the overseas provider directory.
- TRICARE is the primary payer, so you're required to pay the TRICARE annual deductible and cost shares.
Last Updated 5/3/2023